Breakdown Insurance

Don’t let your insurance policy leave you stranded as well

Finding cheap breakdown insurance is just one click away.


As a breakdown recovery individual, providing that service to your customers carries a lot of responsibility. You don’t want to let them down by not being able to assist them on getting back on the road due to an expired or bad insurance policy.

Breakdown Recovery insurance is specifically designed to cover those who recover or repair vehicles following a breakdown, incident or accident.

The risks are always greater, especially when you’re driving a vehicle as large as a recovery truck. You also have to make sure that the vehicles you’re recovering are covered under your policy, not just your own.

We want to make sure you’re helping others with the policy that’s tailor-made for you. Here at Kompare, we can help you do just that.

What Are The Different Policy Types That I Can Take Out?

When taking out a breakdown / recovery insurance policy, you’ll be asked which type of cover you’d like to purchase. There are two levels of cover. Here are your options:

Road Risk

This is perfect for those based at home rather than at a set premises. This helps cover the vehicles that are in the trader’s possession when on the road. This will help with situations such as driving a vehicle from your garage to a driveway, picking up or returning a vehicle to a customer, or testing a vehicle after repair work has finished.

Road Risk & Premises Cover

You will need a combined policy if you own and operate a business from a location, rather than out of your home. This is also essential if you employ workers, keep any stock, and store customers vehicles overnight. If you operate as a mobile mechanic, you will need to choose this option as the vehicles and contents inside your van will come under premises cover.

Unsure About Which Policy You Need?

If you’re unsure about which policy you need to take out for your business, you can give one our specialist agents a call on 0800 812 1000 and they’ll be able to assist you with any questions that you may have. Alternatively, you can request for us to call you at a convenient time.

Sounds Like This Doesn’t Apply To You?

Not a problem.

We understand that a lot of professions in the Motor Trade industry can overlap. That’s why we have the facilities in place to find the right policy that’s tailor made for you. If you’re in the wrong place, choose one of the alternative professions below and we’ll take you straight to the page you’re looking for.

  Vehicle Sales
  Road risks
  Windscreen repair
  Vehicle Delivery
  Breakers salvage
  Car Body Shop

Frequently Asked Questions

We understand that taking out breakdown / recovery insurance can seem quite daunting. That’s why we’ve put together a collection of FAQs to answer any questions that you may have.

It can cover almost everything that your business has. There are several things you need to consider when taking out a breakdown / recovery insurance policy. For instance, you need to make sure that your vehicles are covered under your policy, cover for named drivers on those vehicles, as well as your tools, equipment and machinery.
Anyone who works full-time or part-time as a vehicle recovery specialist. This is recommended for those working in commercial breakdown and recovery businesses in the Motor Trade industry. If you fit the mould, it is a legal requirement to have insurance for your business.
They do and we made sure of this. Our brokers work closely with the Road Rescue Recovery Association, AXA Assistance and Nationwide Vehicle Assistance.