Car Body Shop Insurance

Specialist policies tailored for specialist repairers

Kompare will assist you every step of the way. We work and kompare prices from the UK’s leading car body shop insurers so you don’t have to.

Finding cheap car body shop insurance is just one click away.

  Accessory Fitter
  Mechanical Repair
  Crash & Body Repair
  Vehicle Electrician

While most cars need mechanical repairs or replacement parts from time to time, some might also need repairs in other ways. Sometimes an accident can create damage to the bodywork, while the car itself is still in perfect working order.

Owning a car body shop comes with its risks. You’re working on customers vehicles all day, and it’s likely that you’ll need to drive it to and from your premises. This is where car body shop insurance comes in.

In addition to this, you will be using a range of specialist tools and working from a dedicated premise, all of which you need to protect. You need to ensure that your insurance policy reflects your business's specific requirements. A typical car body shop insurance policy will cover the vehicles which are in your possession, your business assets, and its liabilities.

What Are The Different Policy Types That I Can Take Out?

When taking out a car body shop insurance policy, you’ll be asked which type of cover you’d like to purchase. There are two levels of cover. Here are your options:

Road Risk

This is perfect for those based at home rather than at a set premises. This helps cover the vehicles that are in the trader’s possession when on the road. This will help with situations such as driving a vehicle from your garage to a driveway, picking up or returning a vehicle to a customer, or testing a vehicle after repair work has finished.

Road Risk & Premises Cover

You will need a combined policy if you own and operate a business from a location, rather than out of your home. This is also essential if you employ workers, keep any stock, and store customers vehicles overnight.

Unsure About Which Policy You Need?

If you’re unsure about which policy you need to take out for your business, you can give one our specialist agents a call on 0800 812 1000 and they’ll be able to assist you with any questions that you may have. Alternatively, you can request for us to call you at a convenient time.

Sounds Like This Doesn’t Apply To You?

Not a problem.

We understand that a lot of professions in the Motor Trade industry can overlap. That’s why we have the facilities in place to find the right policy that’s tailor made for you. If you’re in the wrong place, choose one of the alternative professions below and we’ll take you straight to the page you’re looking for.

  Vehicle Sales
  Road risks
  Windscreen repair
  Vehicle Delivery
  Breakers salvage

Frequently Asked Questions

We understand that taking out car body shop insurance can seem quite daunting. That’s why we’ve put together a collection of FAQs to answer any questions that you may have.

If you run a car body shop business from your home or from a premises, either full-time or part-time, you will need insurance in order to cover yourself for any eventualities that could happen while working. The main difference is the type of cover you require. If you have employees, employers’ liability insurance is a legal requirement. Public and Product liability is something you should consider as well; this will help you in the event of an accident while working on a customer’s vehicle.
Car body shop insurance is a type of motor trade policy that’s designed to protect those who work as body repairers. This type of worker faces a number of daily challenges, many of which require specialist insurance protection. From fixing dents or panel replacement, this heavy-duty work can lead to accidents, injuries, or in a few cases, something more fatal.