Take 2 Minutes Out Of Your Day To Find Affordable Insurance - Get Your Free Quote Now

Vehicle Sales Insurance

We’ll help finalise the sale on your Vehicle Sales insurance today

Kompare will assist you every step of the way. We work and kompare prices from the UK’s leading vehicle sales insurers so you don’t have to.

Finding cheap vehicle sales insurance is just one click away.

  Car+Van Dealer
  Classic Sales
  Import Sales
  Performance Sales
  Motorcycle Sales
  Scooter Sales

Vehicle sales insurance is a vital component of the vehicle trading business. While some do it on the side and others work full time in this business, everyone needs reliable insurance to cover all possible eventualities.

When you’re dealing with valuable assets and looking out for the safety and care of all those involved in your business, it is essential to have vehicle sales insurance. Without the right insurance policy, you may find later down the line that you’re personally and financially liable if something were to go wrong on your premises.

Taking out a vehicle sales policy can cover traders working from home, or from a designated premises which can protect you against damage, theft, loss and injury.

What Are The Different Policy Types That I Can Take Out?

When taking out vehicle sales insurance policy, you’ll be asked which type of cover you’d like to purchase. There are two levels of cover. Here are your options:

Road Risk

This helps cover the vehicles that are in the trader’s possession when on the road. This will help with situations such as test driving a vehicle, and picking up or returning a vehicle to a customer.

Road Risk & Premises Cover

You will need a combined policy if you own and operate a business from a location. This is also essential if you employ workers, keep any stock, and store vehicles overnight.

Unsure About Which Policy You Need?

If you’re unsure about which policy you need to take out for your business, you can give one our specialist agents a call on 0800 812 1000 and they’ll be able to assist you with any questions that you may have. Alternatively, you can request for us to call you at a convenient time.

Take 2 Minutes Out Of Your Day To Find Affordable Insurance - Get Your Free Quote Now

Sounds Like This Doesn’t Apply To You?

Not a problem.

We understand that a lot of professions in the Motor Trade industry can overlap. That’s why we have the facilities in place to find the right policy that’s tailor made for you. If you’re in the wrong place, choose one of the alternative professions below and we’ll take you straight to the page you’re looking for.

  Road risks
  Windscreen repair
  Vehicle Delivery
  Breakers salvage
  Car&Body Shop

Frequently Asked Questions

We understand that taking out vehicle sales insurance can seem quite daunting. That’s why we’ve put together a collection of FAQs to answer any questions that you may have.

Vehicle sales insurance is designed specifically for traders that are selling new or used cars from either their home or a premise.
Well, if you own a business that deals with selling or trading vehicles, then you will need insurance. It doesn’t matter if you work part-time or full-time, you’re responsible for taking out an insurance policy to cover for all eventualities such as loss of stock and any damage to your premises or vehicles.
Every business has different needs. We get that. Each vehicle sales policy has similarities though. For instance, a typical policy will cover for things such as:
Garage Stock Cover - for loss or damage to vehicles
Road Risk - cover for when you’re driving your stock
Contents Insurance - cover for the contents of your buildings
Public Liability - this gives you cover in the event of a member of public having an accident on your premises
Employers Liability - If you employ workers, it’s a legal requirement to have this.