Other Professions

Can’t find your trader profession? No problem, we’ll do it for you

Kompare will assist you every step of the way. We work and kompare prices from the UK’s leading motor trade providers so you don’t have to.

Finding cheap motor trade insurance is just one click away.

  Accessory Fitter
  Vehicle Assessor
  Repossession Agent

The Motor Trade industry is very diverse, and Motor trade insurance is used by a wide range of businesses. Not all businesses would fall under the main categories of mechanical repair, car sales etc.

There are two main types of motor trade insurance policies: road risks or combined. When a motor trade business deals with customer vehicles, they are taking that vehicle into their possession. Motor trade insurance provides cover for businesses that have a customer’s vehicle under their care, custody or control.

Motor trade insurance can cover an enormous range of businesses that work in all types of industries, meaning that policies can be tailored specifically for the individual.

What Are The Different Policy Types That I Can Take Out?

When taking out a motor trade insurance policy, you’ll be asked which type of cover you’d like to purchase. There are two levels of cover. Here are your options:

Road Risk

This is perfect for those based at home rather than at set premises. This helps cover the vehicles that are in your possession when on the road. This will help with situations such as driving a vehicle from your garage to a driveway, picking up or returning a vehicle to a customer, or testing a vehicle after repair work has finished.

Road Risk & Premises Cover

You will need a combined policy if you own and operate a business from a location, rather than out of your home. This is also essential if you employ workers, keep any stock, and store customers vehicles overnight.

Unsure About Which Policy You Need?

If you’re unsure about which policy you need to take out for your business, you can give one our specialist agents a call on 0800 812 1000 and they’ll be able to assist you with any questions that you may have. Alternatively, you can request for us to call you at a convenient time.

Sounds Like This Doesn’t Apply To You?

Not a problem.

We understand that a lot of professions in the Motor Trade industry can overlap. That’s why we have the facilities in place to find the right policy that’s tailor made for you. If you’re in the wrong place, choose one of the alternative professions below and we’ll take you straight to the page you’re looking for.

  Vehicle Sales
  Road risks
  Windscreen repair
  Vehicle Delivery
  Breakers salvage
  Car Body Shop

Frequently Asked Questions

We understand that taking out motor trade insurance can seem quite daunting. That’s why we’ve put together a collection of FAQs to answer any questions that you may have.

Plenty of professions in the Motor Trade industry can classify as ‘other’. Here are some of the main professions:
Accessory Fitter - vehicle modifications, installing sound systems, body kits etc
Vehicle Assessor- ideal for crash inspections, vehicle assessments and valuations
Repossession Agent - idea for those who work as bailiffs and vehicle collectors
It will be surprising if you can’t find your profession. However, there is always a chance that it will happen. Not a problem. You can either:
1) Put ‘Other’ as your answer for ‘What Are You Doing In The Trade?’ then state below what your profession is.
2) Get in contact with our Motor Trade team and we’ll be able to assist you – 0800 812 1000
If you work with vehicles full-time or part-time, you will need some type of policy in order to make sure you’re legally covered if anything were to go wrong while working. If your profession includes the repair, maintenance or movement of vehicles, then you will need a motor trade insurance policy.
You will need to be over 25 in order to get a policy from a lot of insurers. There are some that require you to be younger and older, but typically 25 is the starting point. You will also need a valid full UK drivers licence and have the ability to prove that you work in the motor trade industry.