Cheap Motorhome Insurance – Kompare – Campervan Insurance Quotes

Motor Home Insurance

Kompare will assist you every step of the way. We work and kompare prices from the UK’s leading motor home insurers so you don’t have to.

Finding cheap motor home insurance is just one click away.


If you own a motor home in the UK then it is a legal requirement to insure your vehicle. Motor home insurance covers you against accidents or theft just like a car or van insurance policy. However, you will also need to ensure that the contents are covered. 

If you’re an explorer, motor homes give you plenty of flexibility of where you can travel to, and there’s no better way to travel the world than from the comforts of a home.

Motor home owners need to ensure that their vehicle is covered in case of unexpected events. They also need specialist cover that includes the vehicle and its contents to make sure your trip is safe.

What Are The Different Levels Of Cover I Can Purchase?

When taking out a motor home insurance policy, you’ll be asked which type of cover you’d like to purchase. There are three levels of cover. Here are your options:

Fully Comprehensive

This is the most extensive level of cover available. It includes third-party, fire & theft. This protects you and other motorists from any damage you cause, as well as covering medical expenses.

Third-Party, Fire & Theft

This level of cover helps you if you’re responsible for damage to other people, passengers or their property and it will cover the cost of repairs. You are also covered if your motor home get stolen or damaged by fire. HOWEVER, if you’re responsible for an accident, this level of cover will not help pay for repairs to your vehicles or any medical expenses, you will have to pay the costs.

Third-Party Only

This is the most basic level of cover you can purchase and the lowest that it legally required. This will help pay for any damage you cause to other vehicles and property. There is no cover for you or your motor home. If your motor home is damaged or stolen, you won’t be able to claim back the cost.

Unsure About Which Cover You Need?

If you’re unsure about which policy you need to take out, you can give one our specialist agents a call on 0800 812 1000 and they’ll be able to assist you with any questions that you may have. Alternatively, you can request for us to call you at a convenient time.

Frequently Asked Questions

We understand that taking out motor home insurance can seem quite daunting. That’s why we’ve put together a collection of FAQs to answer any questions that you may have.

It does! You can travel abroad in your motor home without any issues with motor home insurance. You’re completely covered. A normal policy will include up to 90 days of cover in Europe, but you can opt for up to 180 days. If you’d like to travel abroad for longer, talk to your insurer about the 365-day option.
Your home contents insurance could cover some of the items in your motorhome, but it completely depends on the level of cover you have. However, it’s very unlikely that your home contents insurance will cover you for any household items that you have in your motorhome, such as bedding and a television.
Absolutely not. Motor homes aren’t used in the same way as cars are. For instance, you stay in your motor home overnight and cook in it. They carry a very different set of risks that need specialist insurance.